Better Lives, Not Just Better Plans...
Registration fee includes course materials.
Families and self advocates please contact Aimee Day at email@example.com to register for either class.
Professionals who support people with disabilities:
PCT Class: $150
PF Class: $200
The Institute offers training and materials developed specifically for educators, executive managers and organizational decision-makers, direct support professionals, social workers, individuals with disabilities, and family members supporting a loved one with a disability.
The Institute is a part of a worldwide training network, The Learning Community for Person Centered Practices.
The Institute on Person Centered Practices offers a variety of training opportunities including Person-Centered Thinking Training, Person-Centered Plan Facilitation, and professional certification to train others in Person-Centered Practices.
CEU's are available for Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Social Workers (SW), and Texas Educators (TEA). For more information about continuing education units, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Become a Certified Person-Centered Thinking Trainer
The certification process requires a considerable investments of both time and finances. Please review the certification requirements carefully along with the fee structure. Those interested in pursuing certification, please complete a PCT Trainer Certification Application and mail with your application fee to:
Institute for Person-Centered Practices
Center on Disability Studies
10100 Burnet Road, Building 137, Suite 1.154. L4000
Austin, Texas 78758
If your application is accepted, you will be contacted by a Mentor Trainer from the Institute on Person Centered Practices to discuss the next steps in the process.
Ongoing Certification Requirement
The information below is an excerpt from the Learning Community For Person Centered Practices' Trainer Credentialing Process. "All trainers who desire to maintain their certification as a Person Centered Thinking Trainer must:
- Write at least one living description per year that meets Best Description Criteria
- Deliver the full two days of Person Centered Thinking Training at least three times per year
Attend one of the following
- Annual Gathering endorsed by The Learning Community for Person Centered Practices.
- Updated training sessions delivered by a mentor-trainer, and discussions with mentor trainer on changes to material/supplies/etc.
And agree to:
- Participation on the Trainer’s list serve
- Share with The Learning Community knowledge gained through experience, innovation and learning throughout the year.
- Contribute to requests for comment on new exercises/trainings/learning methods developed.
- Acquire, evaluate and submit (when requested) evaluation information from at least two trainings completed in the past year.